New Employment Specialist
Job no: 503752
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Workers Compensation, EML VIC
WHY EML, WHY NOW?
At EML we share a common purpose of helping people get their lives back. We are growing our business and with this expansion several vacancies have arisen. With this growth now is a great time to join us. We truly support each other and offer competitive benefits, flexible hours and work from home arrangements. We foster a learning culture that allows for us to continually invest in our employees ensuring a long-term career here at EML.
As part of our diverse team based in Melbourne, you’ll help make a positive impact on someone’s life every day. You’ll feel great satisfaction knowing your talent and hard work has a purpose.
To create new employment pathways for workers that have become detached from their pre-injury employer.
The focus of this role is to provide the required technical expertise to assist case managers in placing workers in safe and sustainable employment.
- Oversight of WorkSafe performance measures
- Provide advice on claims during case conferencing to ensure claims strategy is on track and to maximise suitable employment opportunities for injured workers.
- Coach, guide and assist in competency development and the management of performance of team members
- Provide support to team members by proactively managing required actions as required. This will include, attending worker and treating health practitioner interviews to assist with skills assessment, making recommendations to assist workers in selecting appropriate training and liaising with rehabilitation providers to facilitate a safe and sustainable return to suitable employment
- Assist in the development and delivery of work capacity related learning initiatives
- Excellent demonstration of the ability to apply the Vic Workers compensation law and the associated guidelines and regulations
- Excellent understanding of EML’s policies and procedures and the ability to locate and apply these
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound understanding of the WorkSafe contract requirements and performance measures
- Sound understanding of administrative law (advantageous)
- Competently utilises software and databases, including Microsoft Word and Excel, as well the EML’s claims system
WHAT WE OFFER
We stand together as equals. EML is an equal opportunity employer so by coming to work for us, you will be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We are committed to maintaining a workplace where everyone feels valued and where we show respect, integrity and honesty.
EML provides career opportunities and great employee benefits, including:
- A vibrant, collaborative innovative team culture
- A corporate wellbeing program with discounted health insurance and gym membership
- Access to discounts at over 350 retailers through our RewardsHub program
- Entitlement to an annual tenure and performance-based recognition reward
- Comprehensive learning and development support
- Companywide events to celebrate success
- Quarterly Reward and Recognition Awards
- 17.5% annual leave loading
At EML we are continuing to hire nationally during COVID-19. As a business, we are migrating back to a work from office environment with new joiners commencing within the office environment for their onboarding period of 4 weeks.
We value our people and are committed to supporting our employees by investing in their professional development and providing generous employee benefits. If this position is of interest to you, please apply now. For alternative formats to submit your application or for more information on the position, please contact Sharan Sandhu on firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friend