Legal Technical Officer, Personal injury
Job no: 503653
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Workers Compensation, EML SA
EML is a leading Workers Compensation and Personal Injury Claims Management business. Our goal is to help people get their lives back through ongoing support during their return to work journey. We continue to experience ongoing growth and now have over 2,600 dedicated employees. We foster a learning culture that allows for us to continually invest in our employees ensuring a long-term career here at EML.
As part of our diverse team based in Adelaide, you’ll help make a positive impact on someone’s life every day. You’ll feel great satisfaction knowing your talent and hard work has a purpose. We have multiple positions both permanent and contract opportunities.
Within this role you will effectively manage and resolve eligibility matters, identify and support improvements in our technical competence as well as delivering high quality claims management decisions.
You will be able to utilise your existing Legal experience within personal injury to ensure technical advice is provided to effectively support EML’s business model in accordance with the relevant legislation, legal precedent and RTWSA instructions. This position will require a high degree of collaboration with Claims Services and Systems & Innovation business units to ensure the highest levels of technical competence and service is achieved and maintained.
- Responsible for driving and influencing behaviours across the teams to ensure a consistently high standard within both our approach and decision making
- Involvement in undertaking effective and efficient claims investigations with an initial focus on eligibility decisions, noise induced hearing loss and, subsequently, complex claims
- Implement processes to enable us to make better decisions by auditing
- Build relationships internally and externally to be able to mentor and develop the claims staff
- Bachelor of Law
- Legal experience within personal injury insurance
- Ability to develop Technical knowledge regarding claims strategies
- Technical knowledge regarding claims strategies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Experience with coaching and mentoring with the ability to train staff
WHAT WE OFFER
We stand together as equals. EML is an equal opportunity employer so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We’re committed to maintaining a workplace where everyone feels valued and where we show respect, integrity and honesty.
EML provides career opportunities and great employee benefits, including:
- A vibrant, collaborative innovative team culture
- Great work/life balance and flexibility with opportunity to WFH up to 3 days a week.
- A corporate wellbeing program with discounted health insurance and gym membership
- Access to discounts at over 350 retailers through our RewardsHub program
- Comprehensive learning and development support
- Companywide events to celebrate success
- Quarterly Reward and Recognition Awards
We value our people and are committed to supporting our employees by investing in their professional development and providing generous employee benefits. If this position is of interest to you, please apply now. For alternative formats to submit your application or for more information on the position, please contact Jo Aitken on 02 9001 5654
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results